Thursday, January 29, 2009

An epiphany only 18 months late :)

This is a super easy Valentines wreath that I made the other day. The reason I am posting a picture of it is the story that goes behind it. I was sitting at my kitchen table working on it when I stopped and starting thinking. I had a monitor on the table listening to Shawn sleep in the other room. I could hear my laundry being washed down the hall and could smell the bread I was baking in the oven. I looked down at the craft I was working on in my spare time and thought, "Holy Cow! I really am a homemaker." This may not seem like a big deal, but it was a weird realization for me. It was a bit late considering it has been this way for about a year and half now. :)
Speaking of bread, this is what happened when I forgot to lock the cupboard behind me while I was making the bread. The last couple of days Shawn has been in this funny mood where he likes to sit in his toy bag with his toys. He will drag it around the house and then beg me to put him in it.

3 comments:

Alayne said...

Heather-I have to know how you made that wreath. It's so cute!!! I love that you took the time to take a picture of Shawn making a mess. He's so cute!

Amy F. said...

The wreath is super cute. Please share. :) Also, you are quite the homemaker, with bread, laundry and projects all at the same time. That's impressive. Your post reminded me of what is what like to have just one kiddo and they take a nap, and you really do get a break. How lovely. :) Very cute little post. :)

klap said...

yes, the wreath it totally cute! I was looking online for Valentine decorations to make the other day, but that one's pretty sweet!
Knab the homemaker...wow!! and for many years to come :)