Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Shawn

We had Shawn's much anticipated pirate birthday party today. He has been talking about this for months and was so excited that the day was finally here. We really love Shawn. Even though he likes to test our patience, we really enjoy having him around. He is so funny and creative. Of course we think he is super smart and talented. He comes up with such deep questions that I am often telling him to ask Daddy when he gets home. He still loves to be cuddled and hold hands. He has a great love for his little brother even if it is expressed in aggressive ways at times. He is so loving and lovable. Multiple times a day he will tell me he loves me and that he thinks I am a nice mommy. It is usually right after I get mad at him that he tells me this. Either he is super smart to realize that calms me down or he just is really innocent. I am glad to have him as my son and I am so proud of him. I love my little Shawn Boy.
I had full intentions of doing a fondant cake, but a time crunch made it into this cake instead
Coloring pages, decorating treasure chests and more
Little pirates
Games: seeing how many pretzels you can pick up with a pirate hook
The group getting ready for the treasure hunt
Buried treasure was found in the sandboxOpening presents

New Bike!
Our pirate family

Shawn really wanted to put together his new table and chairs himself




3 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

You're the classiest looking pirate I've ever seen. I love the red sash!

Jen said...

that looks like such a great party!! Shawn is a great kid! :)

Ashley Smith said...

What a great party and your cakes are always amazing! Especially for being in a time crunch!