Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Like father like son

Shawn has a few things that I see he gets from me. However, the older he gets the more I realize that he is just a smaller version of his dad. Jon is a very clean person and likes things clean. Although Shawn is not clean himself, he wants us to be clean and organized. I have a few examples.
*I was folding whites the other day on the bed. I put them all away but left a couple shirts out that I needed to hang up. I went in the other room and started something else. Shawn came up and kept pointing to the bedroom. He made me follow him where he continued to point at the two shirts until I put them away and then he was fine.
*If I try to put his sippy cup on the ground so he can reach it he fusses and grabs it off the ground until I put it up on the table.
*He likes his food on a plate not just on his high chair tray.
*He doesn't like us to pick him up from his crib until he has carefully gathered his blanket and his teddy bear.
*When the phone rings he goes and stands in front of it and points at it until I answer it.
It is just really funny to me to watch the different things he does everyday. I love seeing his little personality. I love both of my boys and I think they are the greatest!

A couple of weeks ago we went to a park to see the colors. We weren't the only ones. The parking lot was full and every single spot in the park had a family taking their family portraits. We weren't the only ones there, but we were the only ones not wearing matching clothes!



Jon was watching Shawn and decided that getting all the toys out wasn't as effective as just putting Shawn in with all the toys.



Speaking of being like his dad. One day Shawn kept going to the computer chair and crying until I would put him up in it so he could pretend to type on the keyboard. This was fun until he starting pounding on the keyboard.


We get a ton of leaves in our yard so we raked them up and put Shawn in one of the piles. I wish you could see his face better. He is purely disgusted and didn't want to touch them at all.


This is a video of Shawn starting to like the leaves. He was throwing them over his head for a while before I got the camera so I missed the best part.


2 comments:

Amy F. said...

Such cute boys! That's funny that Shawn is so much like his daddy. :) Those trees are beautiful! I can see why everyone goes there for the family pictures. :)

Deanna W. said...

Heather,
I just wanted to say that I love this blog. Jenny and I look at it everyday here at work and we can't wait to see new pictures and read about what is going on in your lives. Thanks for doing this. I feel bad that I never call you or send you anything.
Shawn is so cute!!! I like how you post little videos too! They are my favorite.
I hope you are feeling better after your surgery. I can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving.