Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day! We celebrated over several days. On Thursday Jon surprised me by bringing me flowers. I was having a rough day with the kids and was annoyed that he showed up late from work. Little did I know he was late because he stopped at the store to pick out some flowers for me. Oops.


On Friday we went to the 2nd Annual Sweethearts Ball in our city. It was at the golf course's country club right off the lake. We got to get all dressed up and head out for night of eating crepes and dancing. There was one slight problem....we don't dance. Neither of us are dancers so we ended up just laughing and pretending like we knew what to do. We also thought it was funny taking pictures before we left like it was prom night or something. Here are a few...



Robyn is out of town so Tiffany and my dad came over on Sunday for dinner. My dad brought us handmade Valentines. It was too cute. He attached little chocolate boxes on the boys and a gift card on one for Jon and me. Here is the note he wrote for Evan.


Evan checking out his chocolate box. Too bad he didn't get any of the chocolates. Jon and I let him know how they were.




We have had three earthquakes out here in the last week. They are strong enough to feel and shake things in our house. The first one happened while we were gone to the dance. I was talking to Shawn the next morning about what happened and he explained to me that the other houses in the neighborhood were bouncing around, they broke through our fence and bumped into our house and that is what made the house shake. I tried to get him to repeat the story to me on video. Funny how a kids mind works. P.S. he was very upset that the other houses would break our fence. (there was no damage to our fence or our house)
For the actual Valentines Day, Jon took work off so it was fun to have him home. We went to Kneaders for the french toast breakfast (our favorite). We went see a movie as a family. After the movie I called our dentist to see if I could change my apt. for the following day and he said he had one opening that afternoon. Therefore, I had an impromptu trip to the dentist. Who goes to the dentist on Valentines day?!? Then we just played Wii and hung out as a family the rest of the day. I thought it was an overall fun Valentines weekend.

1 comment:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

You are a lucky girl! Isn't it so fun to get dressed up and get out of the house. Romantic.
PS- I also LOVE Kneaders french toast.