Friday, February 25, 2011

Last Weekend

Last Friday I put on some music and started cleaning. Shawn still loves to help me clean so I sprayed our mirror and let him wipe it down. This is how I left him.....


Saturday night Jon and I went out to celebrate our 5-year anniversary. We wanted to go to the Melting Pot, but when we called for reservations they were completely booked for the night. Therefore, we ended up at The Roof Restaurant. I think it actually turned out to be a better option. The view was amazing and the food was really really good. Actually, I didn't eat much of the food because I wanted to save room for the abundance of dessert options. For those that don't know, it is a gourmet buffet type restaurant. So.....there were about 30 different desserts on display. Jon and I made sure to try many of them. Hence, my lack-luster weight loss for the week. It was well worth it though. Afterwards we did sealings at the temple which was fun for our anniversary. Thanks to Mom W. and Deanna for babysitting many hours. :)
Jon and I loved the creme brulee. I have decided that I need to learn how to make it. I can't believe I went so long without ever trying it. Thanks to our trip to Vegas last year for showing us the joys of creme brulee

We wanted the table right next to the window, but apparently people had reservations for all the tables along the window. :( .......Our view still wasn't too bad :)

2 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Happy Anniversary! Oh, how I wish you guys lived closer. I'd invite you over to do Creme Brulee (we have the ramakins & blow torch to do it), and then we could laugh about our "lackluster" weight loss together.

Melinda said...

I think creme brulee has to be one of my all time favorite desserts too!! I have the torch and ramekins to prove it, sounds delish!