Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Patricks Day Dinner Party

We had a St. Patricks Day dinner party at our house. We invited the sister missionaries from my mission who still live close. We also let their husbands come along. It was a lot of fun to get together again. I haven't seen any of them since Sister Tobler's wedding last Spring. As we started talking about weddings I came to realize that the only wedding I wasn't pregnant as was my own. I was due any day with Shawn at Sister Olsen's wedding, I was barely pregnant with Evan at Sister Moore's wedding, and I had Evan about 2 weeks after Sister Tobler's wedding. Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent. It just made me realize that we need to plan times to get together more often.
Me, Tobler, Olsen, Moore
(well those aren't their last names anymore, but that seems more normal to me than calling them by their first names)

I waited until the last minute to figure out decorations so the stores didn't really have anything left. I ended up making my own pot of gold and buying some balloons (side note: how can places charge so much for balloons?!?)
Some of the food we had. Everybody was so nice to bring things to contribute to the dinner.
All the dinner guests except Will (Moore's husband) who was nice enough to take pictures for us. Unfortunately, she was too busy telling him to the turn the camera the other direction that she forgot to smile. :)
I didn't have enough seats for Shawn at the table. Even though he looks upset in this picture, he was thrilled to be able to sit in the living room and eat at his own little table.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

whaaaaaaa..... so sad I missed out on this!!! Looked great!

Amy F. said...

Looks so fun! You little hostess you! I need to be more creative like this!