Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Multiplying and Replenishing the Earth

We are expecting another baby! I know this is old news to most of you, but I realized I never announced it on our blog. I was the typical sick during my first trimester. I have had a couple neighbors mention that they didn't see me as much this summer. Well, that is because I spent the first part of the summer lying on the couch while I sent the boys out to play in the backyard or sat them in front of the T.V. One has to survive any way they can. I am doing well now even though I do feel like it is harder to be pregnant now that I am a little bit older. Everything aches just a bit more. It makes me wonder how people do it in their 40's (or even later, yikes!).  I am due in January which means I should have just enough time to put away Christmas and get things back to normal before this little baby shakes things up a bit.
 
And it is a BOY! I think it is fun to have little boys and it will be great for these little guys to all have each other to play with. Of course, I would like to have a girl. Every time I am shopping for baby things I can't help but check out the girl stuff and how cute it is. But I really am excited for another son. 

Profile Picture

I love this picture, but most people can't see it. It is of the baby folding his legs and sitting on them. I think it is super cute. 

Shawn was less than excited about the news of another boy. Surprisingly he was really hoping for a little sister and had been praying for months that it would be a girl. I am sure he will be glad in the long run. 

2 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Hi! I've been awful about checking up on other blogs. But I was sure excited to see this post when I did finally get around to perusing your blog.
Congratulations! What a lucky little boy, to be coming to your family.
And if Shawn really wants a sister, tell him that he can borrow one of my girls any time. I am sure that once he sees all of the DRAMA they bring to a home; he will change his mind :)

Ashley Smith said...

Okay, just saw this post. So fun and exciting. Congratulations! Having all the same gender of kids is pretty special. And Heavenly Father must think you are amazing to give you three boys to raise. I think they'll need to be the strongest in the last days and that we'll need the best parents to do it.