Sunday, February 3, 2013

Carver James West

Carver James West
January 22nd
5:55 am
8 lbs 5 oz
20.5 inches long
 
I started having contractions in the middle of night, which I am totally fine with because I would much rather have it be in the middle of the night while Jon is home than during the day when he is gone. We decided not to try to wait for someone to come to our house to watch our boys. We loaded them into the van and Jon's mom met us at the hospital to take the boys home to bed. I was already pretty far progressed by the time we got to the hospital. We got there at 3:30 and Carver came at 5:55. I decided to go natural with this delivery. I wasn't certain I could do it, but I did and I am so happy that I chose to. The labor part wasn't as bad as I expected and Jon was a really big help. The delivery part was......what the movies are made of. There was a lot of top of my lungs screaming, but it was less than five minutes and then I felt great. We are both healthy and doing well.
 

Carver's very fist photo


 First photo with Daddy
 First photo with Mommy
Carver had jaundice which meant he got to spend a day on this bili-bed surrounded by light.
 Have I ever mentioned how much I love Jon. He is such a great man/husband/father. He didn't like that Carver had to be on this bed all alone so he put the bed on the table and sat with him so Carver had someone to look at. Jon even set up his work computer and did work at the table for hours next to Carver. Luckily, since Carver cooperated and didn't mind being on the bed, he only had to be on it one day instead of several which they predicted.
 I know I am biased, but this is a good-looking group of boys and I love them dearly.
 
We have received a lot of meals, cards, gifts, calls and help with the boys. We feel so loved and are grateful to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. 


1 comment:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Handsome baby, and a great addition to your family! You also look AMAZING in your picture! How did you manage that with a 3:30AM wake-up call?! :)
Since we didn't see each other at Christmas we ought to get together soon.