Thursday, September 5, 2013

August part 2

My friend Jen Cox and I took our kids up the canyon to play in the water. When we left they were covered in mud, but had big smiles.

We went for a little hike to a waterfall with the kids. They did great walking the whole way by themselves. Carver loved his first trip in the hiking backpack. 

Hanging out at a T-ball game with grandpa

I really really hope this little guy's eyes stay blue!
We went to Bear Lake for a few days and decided to try to cheesy quad-bikes. It was pretty fun.

J.P.'s family and Amy's family trying to catch up to us. 

We took a hike on our way home from Bear Lake. Jon insisted that I take a picture of him by this fallen tree.


 
7 months old

Shawn sat at the computer with me and designed this sign for his first day of school. He chose the color paper and cut out the edges. He was so happy with his little sign.




The class of 6th graders that lined the walkway to Kindergarten cheering for the new students
Shawn was really nervous the morning of kindergarten. I borrowed a book from a friend called "The Kissing Hand". It is about a raccoon who is nervous to go to school. The mom raccoon kisses the palm of his hand and closes his fingers around it. Then tells him to hold it to his face if he is scared at school and think "mommy loves you, mommy loves you". The book really calmed down Shawn. I included this picture because it shows his little hand tightly closed around the kiss I gave him. :)
When you are the oldest in your class and also in the 95% height range for your age, it makes you much taller than the other kids. 

Shawn I went to Lagoon as a pre-kindergarten celebration. It was a lot of fun spending the day together just the two of us. 


No comments: