Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 2013

We drove through Alpine Loop, like we do every year. I was nervous that we had missed the colors, but we went at a perfect time and it was gorgeous.









We grew giant sunflowers which turned out to be a lot of fun and we harvested the seeds at the end of the year. 
I love that my boys know how to sweep and vacuum. Why not have everyone help around the house? 
This little cutie was fighting his nap so I tried to bring him in my bed to hold him and get him to sleep but this is the face he kept giving me. I gave up. 
When we tell the boys to grab a couple books to read before bed this is always how they come back. They both love to read books. 
Love this kid
I taught Shawn how to make pancakes. A few days later I woke up to the sound of someone working in the kitchen and this is what I found. The sweet boy was trying to surprise me with breakfast. Unfortunately we now have a rule that you can't turn on the stove without Mommy or Daddy around. It was nice of him though. 
October is Cornbellys month and we had a blast going there as a family and with cousins several times. Evan, James, Alex, Shawn, Jack
We found a random Whoopee Cushion while cleaning out a drawer. You have no idea how much joy that brought all the boys in my family. 
I made Evan try on his costume so I could get an idea of what else I needed to do. I loved his face in all the pictures. 
I went with my friends again to Witches Night Out at Gardner Village. This year we got tickets to the dinner theater there. It was a blast. It seriously was a lot of fun and we plan on going every year from now on.
Katie, Cami, me, Sara

Me and Katie
Sara, Jen and me


 Amy and took the kids to Gardner Village to see the funny witches
 James loves to hold Carver
 
 Just another day in the house of boys

 My friend Jen's daughter had her tonsils out so Shawn made her this card. It is a picture of her body with her back bones, blood and heart.
 We had a celebration dinner for my mom's birthday and released white balloons with notes of them at the cemetery
 Every day Evan runs to give Shawn and hug before he leaves for school. Some days they also have a little chat.

 Carver and I at Cornbellys

 Shawn and I on our date night. Shawn loves getting all the attention and has many important things to talk about when it is just the two of us.


 Shawn was eating a bread stick at a neighbors house and his tooth fell out. By the time he realized it was gone, he couldn't find the tooth (I think he swallowed it). He came home sobbing that the tooth fairy wouldn't leave him money so I convinced him to write the her a note. (see below)


 Cornbellys


 I captured this beautiful shot (below) while waiting for the boys at the bottom of that slide (above)

 I am loving all the notes Shawn writes me. I get a new note almost every day. I have only received one hate note. ;)
 Wreck it Ralph, Fix-it-Felix and the building. Happy Halloween.





1 comment:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Fantastic Costumes! And just a plain Fantastic post!