Monday, February 2, 2009

Jon's birthday adventures

We had a camping theme for Jon's birthday this weekend. I set up the tent while he was at work. When Jon sets up the tent he makes it look easy. When I tried to set up the tent, by myself, with Shawn at my feet, I was seriously considering calling one of our home teachers to come help me. I did it though, all on my own. I know you are very impressed.
This is the cake I made for Jon's birthday.
I had to take a closer picture of the fire because I had no idea how I was going to make a fire, but it turned out better than I thought. FORREST FIRE!!!!


This is the mess I made while making the cake.This is only part of the mess Shawn made while I was making the cake.


4 comments:

Amy F. said...

So cute!! You are so, so crafty, you artsy lady! Makes me jealous. How come I didn't get that gene! I'm sure Jon loved this lovely party! You are such a nice wife. :)

Laura Robins said...

I can't believe how big Shawn is! And you are a ridiculously cute wife...what a great party!

klap said...

yet again, quite the homemaker!! You'll have to teach me some tricks!!
Shawn is adorable...and all the messes make him even more boy and even more cute!!

Ashley Smith said...

What a fun theme and I love the cake! I'm going to take a cake decorating class soon so maybe mine will turn out half as cute as yours.
Cute video.