Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

We had an interesting Halloween this year. We were supposed to have a ward Halloween party, but they canceled it due to the large amount of sick kids. Then Friday we had a couple parties we were planning on going to. First was my dad's work party, which included a whole afternoon of activities and trick or treating around the office. Then that night was our family Halloween party at J.P. and Jessica's. Well about an hour before we were supposed to leave for the work party Shawn threw up. He had been fine all morning, but started whining and wanting me to hold him. I thought it was because I had been running around getting things ready all morning instead of playing with him. I decided to sit down and hold him for a little while before we left. Right when I put him on my lap he exploded. We spent the rest of the day on a towell on the floor watching movies. We missed all the parties. Luckily Shawn was completely better the next morning so we were able to do some fun things on Halloween and we went out trick-or-treating. I think Jon would have been more sad than Shawn if he didn't get a chance to wear his Rubix Cube costume.

Our neighborhood was crazy. We bought a 150 piece bag of candy. It was GONE by 7 PM. I ran to the store and bought a couple more regular size bags. Right when I drove back into the driveway, Jon was giving out the last piece of Shawn's candy he had gotten. Let's just say it was different than our Boise neighborhood where we only got 5 kids all night last year. 5 kids....total.

The boys getting ready to head out trick-or-treating.

Going to the first house

We had to tell Shawn a couple times not to open the people's doors. He still stood right up against the doors, which didn't go well at the house with the hyper dog.

First piece of candy... I think he likes this idea
I was a Lite-Brite (Jon and I were 1980's games)
Passing out candy

Family Halloween photo.

2nd cousin Saddie came to visit a couple days before Halloween



3 comments:

FunkyScript said...

Wow! Believe it or not, I too was a Rubik's Cube.

Amy F. said...

So cute! Love the costumes! Glad I get to see them one way or another. :) Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Allison said...

I love the costumes- you're so creative, heather! I can't wait to see you guys and the new house when we come for Thanksgiving!