Friday, October 15, 2010

When Daddy's away....we PLAY!!

Jon had to go to Orlando for a conference (poor guy...had to stay at the Disney Hilton Resort right next to DisneyWorld) I know....I know.....we should have gone with him, but it just didn't work out. Besides the money issue, we didn't want to take such a young baby and we didn't feel comfortable leaving him with someone when he isn't good about taking a bottle. Anyway, to make up for it, we decided to play all week. I literally didn't clean my house all week except to keep up on dishes and laundry. So here is what we ended up doing:

MONDAY:

We took Jon to the airport. Went to Costco. Played at the house. Then I randomly decided to paint my bathroom.


We had some leftover green from the baby's room that I really like so I used that. Here is the only picture I have of the bathroom before.

I let Shawn help me paint the wall. I thought this was so smart because it kept him entertained......until......I turned my back and he painted a different wall. His painting career was OVER!! Here is the after picture so far. I need to buy some new towells that are the same color as the rugs we have. I also need to paint the baseboards white and I want to frame our mirror with black molding.
After I locked up the house, put chairs in front of the doors (so I could hear better if someone opened one), and got a butcher knife from the kitchen, I went up to bed. This is what I found. I asked Shawn about it the next day and he told me it was so I didn't have to sleep alone. How thoughtful of him. :)

TUESDAY:


Tuesday morning I had a meeting. Then my freshman roommate, Heather, came over to have a play date. We went to the park and had a picnic. Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures, but we had a really fun time playing with her and her cute little Rex. That night Amy dropped off her kids so that her and Antoine could go out for their anniversary. We went to the park again with the cousins and then watched a movie.

WEDNESDAY:

We decided to go to the zoo with my friend Jen and her adorable little Millie. Shawn doesn't remember the zoo at all so it was really fun taking him there again. Being the amazing moms we are, both of our camera batteries died half way through the zoo. At least we got a few shots.

On the way home from the zoo Amy called and said that the fire station by her was having an open house. We toured the building, learned fire safety, saw the trucks, and watched them put out a fire in a fake house. How did Shawn enjoy this outing?? He HATED it! He didn't want to go in the truck, he didn't like the smoke during fire safety, and he thought the fire in the house was "rude". He told me he NEVER wanted to go there again! Amy was kind enough to take a picture for me since my camera was dead. You can see by Shawn's face how he felt about the experience.
I didn't notice when I was taking this picture how terrified Shawn looks.

He did, however, love the tiger statue
And so did Millie
Long necks, which is what Millie calls them
The only picture I got of Jen before my battery died. I think Millie pushed the stroller more than she actually sat in it.
We went on the carousal twice. First, Shawn rode the lion then. Second, he really really wanted to sit here.


THURSDAY:

We met up with Jenae and baby Sadie (Shawn still refers to her as baby Sadie even though she is two) to go to a pumpkin patch that is geared towards younger kids.

They had tons of these wood cutout things


There was a small corn maze, but we took the alternate route that has you walk in a circle straight around the corn maze.
There was a little area with things the kids could walk through and climb on

We all know how much Shawn loves Mickey Mouse
He wanted another picture with the big pumpkins (at least he liked the hat from the fire station)
We played on the inflatable toys, played on the playground, walked through the pumpkin light tunnel and then headed to Jenae's for lunch. Eating leftovers at Jenaes was the first real food we ate all week. I wasn't about to make real dinners when I would be the only on eating it. After lunch we had to feed the ducks that live across the street from Jenae.

Sadie was so cute, she would chase the ducks back into the water. Shawn would run the other way as the ducks came close to him. You can't tell in this picture very well, but Jenae is due in a few weeks with a baby boy.

And just so Evan doesn't feel left out that there aren't many pictures of him on here.....here is a picture of him playing at home.

2 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

You are SO my kind of gal! I loved everything about this post. Your bathroom looks gorgeous, and gave me some good ideas! Also, I had to laugh because on the nights that Nick works the late shift I alwasy check to make sure that his machete is within reach, under the bed. You know, just in case :)

Ashley Smith said...

The staying home alone thing must be a Jensen thing. Wasn't your mom like that? And I know Jolene is. Even when we were camping she asked if our kids could sleep with her so she didn't have to sleep alone.
I laughed out loud when I saw the scarecrow. Shawn is such a character, I love it! Very thoughtful. Sounds like a very fun week.