Monday, April 25, 2011

We had a really great Easter with lots of fun activities. I love celebrating holidays with little kids because they make everything more fun and exciting. It seems like a lot of our Easter was focused on the non-important holiday stuff. I was very grateful to have the chance to focus on the Savior at church and to teach primary. We just talked about stories from Jesus' life and about the resurrection. We teach the 6-year-olds and they tend to like to get off on tangents and wiggle a lot, however, on Sunday as we talked about the Savior and his life, they sat quietly, looked at me the whole time and just soaked in everything I was saying. It was like they were hearing it for the first time and it made me think about what I was saying as if it was the first time I was hearing it. What a great blessing it is to have a Savior that died for us and does so much for us on a daily basis. We can lean on him when we are struggling and we have to remember that he knows who we are and what we are going through. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Savior. I don't know how people get through life without that knowledge and without prayer.

Anyway, I hope you all had a great Easter.


These are the best shots I got of the boys Easter baskets. I tried to buy mostly books and toys and not a lot of candy this year.

Evan's basket

Shawn's basket
Easter morning. Shawn had the most amazing bedhead I have seen in a long time.

So I totally didn't plan a special breakfast for Easter and I didn't think it was a big deal until Shawn asked what we were having for our special Easter breakfast. Hence, the impromptu bunny pancakes with chocolate chip eyes. Shawn added the "arms" and "bunny feet" because how was he going to hop without feet. The amazing breakfast was topped off with some purple milk. :) Oh, and do you like that it is on one of our Christmas plates. Shawn told me we needed to go buy an Easter plate.

All dressed up and ready for church

After church I told Shawn to go change into different clothes and this is how he came into my room. He said he wanted to try things differently.

Then we headed to my Grandpa and Grandma's for our traditional dinner and Easter Egg hunt. Evan LOVES Easter eggs, if you couldn't tell.


Tiff (sister) in one of the egg trees

Amy (sister) told me I looked like a milk maid with my basket when I was putting the eggs in the trees.

Shawn's haul

What's the best way to get lots of eggs? Pretend like you have a little basket, but then have your dad follow you with a big bag to dumb your eggs into. (J.P. and Jack)

Or you could just bring a giant basket to begin with. :) (Natalie)

Jon was nice enough to help Evan reach the well hid eggs.

Happy little boys

Evan was having a great day

Not Easter related:
Shawn and Evan both love to be outside. Shawn especially loves to help his Daddy in the yard. So what happens when it is too cold for little boys to be out in the yard with Daddy? They just watch his every move from the window.


Shawn loves to rock Evan for a few minutes before he goes to bed. I have to make sure to be there because he will instantly decide he is done and let go of Evan and give him a little push.


1 comment:

Alayne said...

Your boys are so cute, Heather! I wish we could have been at the egg hunt! We sure miss all you guys ;-)