Friday, May 11, 2012

Evan turns 2!!

Happy Birthday to our sweet, energetic, smart little guy. We love Evan so much and are so glad he is part of our family. He is talking more and more each day and always refers to himself in the 3rd person. Every morning he calls for me and then says good morning. As soon as he sees Shawn for the first time that day he always says, "Hi Shawn". He loves to be cuddled and held. He insists upon being rocked to sleep and requests which song he wants you to sing to him. He will climb as high as he can and jump from anything possible. We often talk about how we will probably end up in the ER with broken bones with him. His favorite place to be is outside in the dirt. I am not sure if he likes playing or eating the dirt more. He makes the funniest face that make me laugh everyday. Although he can completely exhaust me, I am so happy to be his mommy. He is a joy!
Getting ready for the party


Playing one of Evan's favorite games, London Bridges


Let the presents begin
Look at that face!


And that one


Once he opened a gift, he would take a moment to show everyone

He had plenty of help from all his boy cousins

Sadly, Evan reached a point where the party was too much and he couldn't handle it anymore. He just cried and wouldn't let anyone talk to him. He calmed down after people left and I turned on a Mickey Mouse show for him.

While I was cleaning up I found this little boy eating the leftover whip cream.


The morning of his actual birthday I made him Mickey Mouse pancakes

Blowing out the candles that I had to relight several times because he thought it was so fun.


Then we headed to Chukee-Cheese...


And played SkeeBall, and then SkeeBall, and then SkeeBall
My dad came with us and decided to help Evan roll the ball instead of throwing it overhand.

Went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. One of the workers asked what plans we had today and when I told her it was Evan's birthday she got him a shake for free.

Finished off the day with chasing bubbles

No comments: