Friday, August 23, 2013

Shawn's 6th Birthday

Shawn's birthday festivities started early in the week with a combined party up the canyon for him, Natalie and Ella. They all had birthdays the same week. 


The night before his birthday we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, which is always Shawn's first choice. He is obsessed with their rolls and he loves that you get to sit on the saddle on your birthday. He also insisted upon keeping his collar up and wearing his birthday ribbon. 

He woke up in the morning to 6 balloons filled with money. This is our second year doing this family tradition. 
 
I was asking Shawn what kind of cake he wanted me to make for him. I gave him several suggestions and then he left the room because he wanted to design it himself. He came back with this picture and detailed instructions of what each thing is. It is a regular cake with layers on the outside of kitkats and m&ms. Then on the corners are towers of oreo cookies with candles on the top. I made the cake and frosted it and then he decorated it. 

For his party we took the kids to Trafalga for a couple hours and then came home for cake, ice cream, presents and a pinata. 



One of his favorite gifts is this fruit shape thing he saw on an infomercial. There is no longer any boring fruit at our house. If it can be cut into shapes then there is no way we will eat it plain. 

That night we decided to take the kids to a drive-in movie. They thought it was the weirdest concept, but loved it. We will definitely be going back.

 Happy 6th birthday to my sweet little boy. I am so glad I get to be his mom. I love him so much.

1 comment:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Awesome! Everything about this post is awesome! The cake, the parties, Texas Roadhouse- I love it all!
I wonder how my kids would do at the drive in? You gave me something to think about.