Friday, December 5, 2008

First few days of December

It's not snowing or even raining. There was just a lot of moisture in the air from fog and it made our pictures look like this for some reason.
Shawn making sure this tree feels the same as all the others
For FHE we went and picked out a real Christmas tree. Shawn had a blast running around the lot, touching every single tree. We chose to buy a smaller tree and put it up on the coffee table in an attempt to keep the ornaments higher away from Shawn.
As you can see our plan didnt' work. He still could reach the ornaments we thought we put up high enough. This is all the glitter Shawn dumped out of one of the balls.

Shawn trying to wipe the glitter off his hands. Little did he know it was all over his clothes and in his hair too.


I thought I would just write about a couple new things Shawn has started doing. First of all refuses to sit in his high chair anymore. He thinks he is too old for high chairs. If I happen to somehow get him into it, he won't eat. He insists upon sitting on the normal chairs, without a booster seat. He can barely see over the table, but he will eat if we put him there. He just sticks his fork up and tries to stab at whatever is on his plate. Silly boy.
Shawn very happy to be sitting like a big kid

When I shower in the morning I gather toys and bring Shawn in the bathroom with me so I can keep an eye on him. The last few days he has opened the shower door and handed me my towel whether the water is running or not. This is his way of telling me that my shower has been long enough. (sorry, I am not going to add photos of this event)

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

Such a cute little family! I am kind of jealous of the picking out the tree thing. It seems so Christmasy and fun. That's funny that Shawn foiled the raised tree plan. They are so inventive and persistent. :) That's cute about the towell thing. James does that to me too, and then he brings me pajama pants and a work out shirt. (the only clothes he can reach are in my scroungy drawer) So cute to try!