Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving trip

Ever since Shawn figured out what the ipod is used for, he insists upon having it if he sees it.
We were able to go to Utah for the Thanksgiving break. It was so much fun being back in the Salt Lake area. Boise is a nice place to live, but I LOVE Utah. It will always be home to me. We drove down on Wednesday. That night we had a birthday party for little James, J.P., and me.

Thursday we had a wonderful traditional Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandpa Jensen's home. Everything was so good. The only problem was that Grandma lost a pin somewhere in the stuffing and nobody found it. Hey, it added a little element of mystery. We spent time with Jon's family that afternoon and then went to J.P.'s for a movie and snacks. We watched Elf, which all of us love. We brought beds to put all the babies down. However, they were so hyper none of them went to bed. Shawn gets pushed around a bit by his two older boy cousins, but he stands his own. I saw him try to push those older boys down and he would get a really angry face and shake his fists. I have never seen Shawn's temper so much as I did on this trip.

Friday Jon and I went shopping with all the crazy people at 4 am. It was totally nuts, but pretty funny. Jon and I just kept laughing at everyone. We did find some great deals though. Tiff, Jon and I went to see Twilight that night. My expectations were so low for the movie, that I actually ended up liking it.

Saturday I went to lunch with my good friend Jen. We went to the Garden Room in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It was great to spend time together with just the two of us. Saturday night Jon and I went to see the lights downtown. Then my whole family went to the Osmond 2nd Generation concert. My dad's fiancee is the Aunt of the boys who did the concert. They were very talented. There was a surprise visit by David Archuleta. You should have heard the girls scream. He is the tiniest little boy, but he has an amazing singing voice.

Well, I have babbled on about our trip, but I loved it. It was really nice to spend so much time with our families and friends.

Shawn and Jon digging in Grandpa's sandbox








No comments: