Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm in love.....

Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways!
Let me start out by saying that I have been wanting a new dining table since we moved into our house. Since it was on the bottom of our "things we need to buy" list I decided to turn to KSL. I knew that the only way I was going to get a new table is if I found an amazing deal. I faithfully watched KSL for about 6 months. I came across several good deals, but was always a little too late or it was a little too far. So a couple weeks ago I casually check my emails one Saturday morning and then decided to look at KSL real quick before making breakfast. I came across this table for sale. I couldn't believe my eyes! I called the guy (at 8 in the morning) and asked if he still had it. When he confirmed he had it, I told him we would be there immediately. All of us quickly changed (no showers, no breakfast) and headed to the guy's house. As we were driving I kept telling Jon, "I'm sure this was a typo" because that had happened to us before.
The guy selling it was a very wealthy lawyer who was moving and they just didn't want to deal with moving the table. They just posted it for cheap so it would sell fast.
So now let me tell you about the table. It is BEAUTIFUL! It has wood carving on the table and the legs. There are wood in-lays on the table. It is solid and well built. It gets to over 8 feet long with the leaf in the middle and it came with 8 nice chairs (6 regular and 2 arm chairs). Besides all that, I LOVE this table the most because I bought it for $150 dollars!!! Yep, that's right.....$1-5-0. You couldn't even buy one of the chairs for that much money at the furniture store.
I am so so happy to have my new table that matches our kitchen perfect and Jon is so so happy that I will now stop talking about getting a table. My diligence finally paid off. :)


And here it is...


This is the original fabric on the chairs

Jon and I reupholstered all the chairs and put plastic over the fabric (beige fabric with two boys was bound to be a problem)
Shawn really wanted a picture with him in it

2 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Props. What an awesome deal! You have great taste too, that set is beautiful to look at.

Amy F. said...

That is such an amazing deal. Now I need your help figuring out how to recarpet my house for that same amount. Thanks.