Saturday, December 4, 2010

Festival of Trees

Friday we took Evan to the head doctor (my term for him). It turns out that Evan is going to have to go through helmet therapy since his ears are completely in different spots on his head. He will have to wear it for at least three months so I am sure you will be seeing a lot of pictures with him in it for the next little while. Anyway, after his appointment we stopped for Cafe Rio and when we got back in the car I asked Jon if he had grabbed a mint for me. He opened the pocket in his sweatshirt and there were about 20 in there. I just started laughing and had to take a picture.

Then we decided to stop and check out the festival of trees. It's amazing how many trees they have there to see. I think I enjoyed looking at the wreaths and the gingerbread houses even more than the trees. They also had a kids area where Shawn got this lovely balloon hat.

Evan wasn't too excited about being there, but he was a very good baby while we looked at everything. (He did, however, enjoy the taste of fudge I gave him)
I would love to own a house like this in real life. I think it is so so cute with the wrap around porch and everything. And if it was made out of giant candy, I would be okay with that too.


Shawn has been totally fascinated with nutcrackers lately. He was overjoyed to see this giant one and was sorely disappointed when he didn't have a stick to make his mouth open. This is a picture of him trying to stand exactly like the nutcracker.
This is Jon trying to fix the nutcracker after Shawn ripped off the rope on its shoulder.
And this picture has no relevance to the rest of the post: I let Shawn pick out a toy for Evan at the store and then let him wrap it completely by himself. He was so thrilled to do this. I bet you would never guess that under that wrapping is a perfectly square box. Every day since he tells me, "Mommy, it's Christmas! Evan can open his present now." Poor kid, its going to be a long December for him.

4 comments:

Amy F. said...

Fun pics, and I can't believe all that empty space at the Festival of Trees. Next year we are definitely going in the daytime!!

Deanna West said...

There is a square box under that wrapping?! That is so funny! Shawn and Evan are so cute. I love reading this Blog. Heather you do such a great job.

Maria said...

Shawn is getting so big! Fun pictures, and it looks like you have taught him how to wrap presents just like his mom. Well done!

Jen said...

Thanks for inviting me to be a reader, Heather!! I have never gone to the festival of trees but I may have to go next year, it looks so fun! I love that gingerbread house layout too... I want a big front porch one day what I can hang garland at Christmas and flag bunting in the summer on!! :)